Always when we finish cleaning an oven, our customers say that they don’t even want to use it again in case they dirty it again.
The time will come for a Professional Clean but in the meantime you can keep It nice and tidy. Here are our 7 Tips:
1. Use the correct size dish. If your dish has the potential to boil over be careful not to overfill.
2. Use the BBQ. If cooking meat with high fat content consider using the BBQ. Many BBQ’s now have roasting hoods and utilise ‘blue flame’ which enhance flavour.
3. Use a Roasting Bag. A roasting bag will not only retain the moisture content of your roast but it will eliminate the splatter of grease and fat throughout your oven. This excess grease and fat throughout your oven may taint any subsequent cooking if not removed correctly.
4. Use a lid where appropriate. Using a lid to cover food whilst is being cooked will eliminate the spatter of grease and fat onto the oven surfaces. Using lidded casserole dishes or covered glass bakeware is ideal for this.
5. Wipe up any mess ASAP. The longer any spillages or mess stay in your oven the harder it will be to remove so as soon as it is safe to do so wipe away the mess with warm soapy water.
6. Place a tray on the bottom rack of the Oven. The tray can be easily removed and cleaned immediately after cooking. Be careful not to place the tray on the floor of the oven as some ovens operate with an element under the floor of the oven and may crack and scorch the enamel. I would also not recommend using foil on the tray as the foil can come loose and short out elements and mark the enamel.
7. Make sure your thermostat is working accurately. It is common to be unaware that your oven thermostat is not accurate. Mostly the Oven is getting hotter than the dial indicates and the increased oven temperature sends grease and fat in all directions inside your oven. An easy way to check is to buy a separate oven thermometer from a kitchen and homewares shop.
Please leave your coment about how useful the tips are. We want to hear from you! When the time comes, don’t hesitate to contact us for a professional cleaning.